Please note: Social Plus subscription is needed to enable this option.
There is a workaround by which you can offer free social access to user (Social), and then limit the to use payed services (PRO package).
This is how it works: users can log in for free to a certain amount of time, set by you (lets say 30 minutes). After that, connection is terminated and they are restricted to use payed services. Restriction time need to be set by you. (let's say 2 days after the expiration of the free access). If they pay the prices, within that 2 days of timeframe, they can use the payed services.
Please note that once the restriction is lifted off, users need to use the free access again (not possible to use the payed one anymore) for half an hour, and this is repeated over time.
This is a workable solution if you know you customers' habits and set the free trial restriction time wisely.
Following the values of the above scenario, this is to how to enable this feature.
- Create a social location in Control Center if you have not done yet.
- In Control Center, go to Manage / Location / Location name / Modify Hotspot data & Settings / Set Default Limits.
- Tick Restrict Free Accesses, set the restriction time under Allow only 1 free access within ...from the same device to 48 hours.
- To enable pay per use service, choose "Offer Pay-Per-Use packages" at If the free access expires...
5. For setting up the free 30 minutes free access and the properties of the payed access needed for our scenario, please refer to the following KB: Setting up access packages.