To test your Hotspot installation, follow the steps below:
- Connect to your hotspot wirelessly. After you have connected, many devices automatically pops up the splash page. If this is not happening, open a browser and try to visit a website (starting with http:// ). You should be redirected to your hotspot splash page.
- If you are using Hotspot FREE Basic or Social, you just need to follow the instructions on screen to log in.
- In case you are using Hotspot FREE SMS you can enter your own mobile number to get a code and follow the instructions.
- In case of FREE Voucher or Hotspot PRO plan, you can use a voucher to get access. You can find test vouchers in the Control Center > Manage > Vouchers section. Enter a voucher code into the activation box and activate the code.
- Test if you can log in to the hotspot. If you get ‘Hotspot Login Failed’, even if you sure you used the correct login name and password, then probably the radius ports are blocked by your ISP or by a firewall. Click here for troubleshooting article.
- If you logged in successfully then try to browse the internet.
- Check if you can send e-mails using a custom SMTP server. ISPs often block foreign SMTP servers which means that your customers won’t be able to send e-mails if they are using a desktop email application like Outlook. If you get an error while sending an email, then you should set SMTP redirection.
- OPTIONAL for Hotspot PRO: To fully test your hotspot, you should buy a package just like your customers. Don’t worry, you will get back 75% of your money. You can even set up a cheap package in the Control Center.
Did this answer your question?